Life in another country creates its own unique set of challenges and opportunities for growth and development. Unfortunately it may also trigger problems. In sessions I aim to connect to your core of inner strength and will help you explore the underlying issues. It goes without saying that my basic stance is non-pathologizing, and sessions are completely confidential.
My training has been in a wide range of psychotherapeutic techniques and I am very comfortable working with the full range of issues that you may wish to bring – for instance depression, adjustment problems, addiction, trauma past or present, or just a wish to explore the issues that come with change and living in another country.
Individual therapy Amsterdam
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Systemic psychotherapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Client centered counseling
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Brief Eclectic Psychotherapy for Psychotrauma (BEPP)
- Narrative Exposure Therapy (NET).
Dutch health insurance will usually reimburse a large part or the whole of the cost of therapy, provided you have a doctor’s referral.