Drs. Onno de Boer (MSc, CPsychol, AFBPsS)
In the past 30 years I have gained full professional accreditation as psychotherapist and psychologist in both the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. I am qualified to a high level in a range of therapeutic models, am a teacher, trainer, and supervisor of other psychologists and psychotherapists, and have published professionally on trauma and depression.
Having lived and worked abroad for 13 years, and having moved between countries twice, I have some understanding of what it means to be a foreigner, both on an emotional and a practical level. To be distanced from one’s country of origin, to have a connection to the society you find yourself in – but never be properly part of it, and to find yourself increasingly in tune with something else – a community of citizens of the world, travelers, professional nomads, expatriates.
My working hours are divided between my post at the Dutch national centre for the treatment of psychotrauma, and my private practice.
- UK registered clinical psychologist (BPS – British Psychological Society nr. 32723, Associate Fellow)
- UK registered practitioner psychologist (HCPC – Health & Care Professions Council nr. PYL03693)
- UK trained psychotherapist.
- Full training at Institute of Family Therapy (1991-96, London), Member of AFT, the Association for Family Therapy (UK)
- Dutch registered healthcare psychologist (BIG – nr. 6904 9792 625)
- Dutch registered psychotherapist (BIG – nr. 8904 9792 616)
- Dutch registered couple and family therapist, Member of NVRG – Nederlandse Vereniging voor Relatie en Gezinstherapie (NVRG – 12974, EFT therapist)
- Registered Psychotraumatherapist (NTvP – Nederlandstalige Vereniging voor Psychotrauma)